At SS&C Technologies ( ‘SS&C’,"we", "us" or "our" for short) we and our group companies are committed to protecting your personal data.. This is the data that identifies you as an individual that we collect from you and others in various ways. Under data protection law, for example, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) specific obligations are placed on us in the way we handle this type of data. The aim of this pPrivacy Notice is to let you know what personal data we collect from you when you apply for a job with us or our group companies, when you use our website and when you contact us, how we store and use it and how you can access and manage thisdata.
Your personal data may be stored online and therefore we take steps to ensure that our systems are well protected.
As you are applying for a job within our group, it may be that your personal data needs to be passed to the relevant group company or companies as part of the registration and application processes.
A number of our group companies, together with the products and services we sell and provide, are regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Other websites belonging to us or accessible via links may not be covered by this Privacy Notice. If you access any of these sites, please check the Privacy Notice applicable to these sites (if any) before you submit any of your personal data to them.
What personal data do you collect about me?
We process the following types of personal data about you:
• Contact details
• Identification information
• Information about past and current employment
• Education and qualifications
We collect the personal data requested on our application forms and contact forms together with any comments or remarks that you may provide in free text fields (such as personal statements) or CVs (where applicable). We may also keep a record of references received from third parties (including those you give us, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies) and of any other correspondence or communication between you and us, whether written, e-mailed, or as a result of visits, interviews or recorded telephone calls.
We also monitor site traffic, and like most websites, we use a Unique Visitor Cookie (which is supplied and managed by a carefully selected statistics provider) to identify your PC by a random number (e.g. #12489).
More details about cookies and how you can disable them can be found below.
We will (unless it's impractical) tell you if we obtain and store data from any other source and also how we intend to use it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How do you make sure my personal data is secure?
Whilst we take steps to protect user privacy, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. We therefore do not guarantee the security of personal data that you send to us, or your use of the site. Any personal data you do send is at your own risk but once we receive it we use strict procedures to safeguard it.
Does SS&C have a lawful reason for processing my personal data?
Your personal data will be collected and processed by SS&C for the following lawful reasons:
1. In connection with entering into a contract between you and us
Any SS&C group company may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for us to do so to in connection with or in anticipation of a contract between you and us to:
• process your job application and otherwise manage the recruitment process
• help us assess and process your job application;
• help us check and confirm the references that you provide as part of your job application;
• check with any necessary regulatory, industry and/or security authorities relevant to the position that you have applied for;
2. Our Legitimate Business Interest
Any SS&C group company may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
• help us identify you so we know who we are talking to;
• help prevent and detect fraud;
• where we are required to do so by law
• assess risk, carry out market research, statistical analysis, test systems, improve the way that we run our recruitment process and your application (including quality assurance) and analyse your application and recruitment history;
• train staff and monitor our services. This may mean that we record our conversations or our correspondence with you to make sure we are providing you with a good service and to make sure we keep to our legal and regulatory obligations.
3. Where you have provided consent
Any SS&C group company may use your personal data where you have actively consented for us to do so:
• to contact you by email or other electronic means about opportunities that you might be interested in from time to time;
• to provide you with job alerts; .
This consent can be withdrawn by logging-in to your account and updating your details. Unless otherwise stated, we will hold your personal data processed through contractual and legitimate interests for as long as necessary for the purposes it was collected and in line with our retention schedules.
Personal data processed via active consent will continue to receive marketing relative to the initial opt-in until we have received a request to unsubscribe/opt-out.
Will my personal data be passed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiary companies, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiary companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If SS&C or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SS&C, our customers, or others.
Where will my personal data be processed?
As part of sharing your personal data with other SS&C group companies, or appointing third party suppliers, it may be necessary to transfer your personal data outside of the UK, for example, to the EU, USA, Australia or India.
Where your personal data is transferred outside of the UK, SS&C will ensure the appropriate legal and security safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, equivalent to those outlined in UK and EU law.
How can I find out what personal data you hold for me?
You are entitled to see the personal data that we hold about you at any time. This is known as a ‘Data Subject Access Request’ or ‘DSAR’ for short.
Even if you don’t want a copy of your personal data, you can still contact us to check that the personal data we hold is accurate, up to date and relevant. As you are applying for a job with us, it is important that we have the right details in order to be able contact you. We'll be more than happy to make changes or to correct any inaccuracies.
What are my rights in relation to the processing of personal data by SS&C?
You have the following rights when it comes to your personal data:
• to object to any legitimate business interests processing;
• to withdraw consent (only in respect of any processing which depends on consent);
• to ask for your personal data to be updated or corrected (where it is inaccurate);
• if we have carried out any automated decision making as part of recruitment practices, contest any such decision and ask for a human intervention;
• ask for processing to stop or exercise your right to erasure; ask for a copy of your information you have provided electronically (such as a CV) in a portable format;
• complain to the relevant data protection authority.
Contact details and further information
To contact us to exercise any of your rights, or for any further information, you can:
• e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org inserting the words ‘Data Subject Access Request’ in the subject heading or;
• write to us at Human Resources, SS&C House, St Nicholas Lane, Basildon, Essex, SS15 5FS
What if we update our Privacy Notice?
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review so please do check each time you use the site. You'll be able to read about any updates on this page - as soon as they happen.
If you have any questions or if you feel that we are not complying with the terms of this Privacy Notice you can contact us by e-mailing us at the following address; HRadmin@uk.dstsystems.com inserting the words ‘Privacy Notice Grievance’ in the heading.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are files that are recorded in temporary Internet folders on your PC. They're a useful tool as, by recording the way you use our site, they enable us to get to know you better. For example, we’re able to recognise you when you return to the site, identify your preferences so as to provide you with a more personalised service and speed up searches that you conduct when visiting.
Further Detail on Cookies
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently remembering your preferences, and generally improve your web site experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
We can split cookies into 4 main categories:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
Category 2: performance cookies
Category 3: functionality cookies
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
Category 1 - Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like register for job alerts, cannot be provided. Please be aware our site uses this type of cookie
Category 2 - Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
By using our website and online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3 - Functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name and password) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using our website and online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 4 - Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
External links from our site
From time to time we may include hypertext links to sites which are created by individuals and companies outside of our group companies. We do this when there is a particular relevance to the topic you're reading about. Whilst we endeavour to check that the content of these sites is suitable, we unfortunately cannot take any responsibility for the practices of the companies who publish the sites that we link to, nor the integrity of the content contained within them.