An exciting opportunity to join a high-profile team that manages the onboarding of new clients and complex projects. Clients sit across our three sectors: Funds, Wealth and Life and Pensions and are mainly in the UK and Ireland but can also involve a more European and global presence. We have a large pipeline of exciting work that is going to keep us busy. We are looking for an inspiring Senior Project Manager who has delivered multiple projects, both within a programme and as standalone projets, who has a passion for onboarding and working with like-minded individuals who want to elevate and improve how we work.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the new client on-boarding project, ensuring scope, schedule, budget, risks, quality and resources are managed effectively while adhering to the on-boarding framework. The Senior Project Manager will collaboratively plan, monitor progress and keep both internal and external stakeholders informed throughout the on-boarding lifecycle.
To manage complex / multi stream projects to agreed timelines, budgets and the required quality standards with a key focus on RAID management, financial control and reporting.
To work directly and regularly with the sponsors/owners and technical teams, as well as other project stakeholders and 3rd Parties ensuring projects are effectively resourced. To manage relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
To support and be involved in the Inception Process where required for projects, governance, reporting and facilitating the handover from inception to the design and subsequent delivery stages of the projects. This will primarily cover more complex/higher business priority activities and also be expected to lead a series of projects with less complexity but equally of higher business priority.
- Define and deliver the project scope (including management of change control)
- Managing and leading the Project Team - co-ordination of working groups engaged in project work including Technical teams
- Detailed project planning
- Manage project financials including actuals, forecasts and tolerance to ensure project remains in governance
- Maintain the project record (e.g RAID log, progress & financial reporting etc.) for all allocated projects and conform to standards and policies defined by the EPMO.
- Control scope producing Change Requests as appropriate in a timely manner
- Plan resources to ensure Project deliverables are met. Contribute to the overall resource planning process (demand and supply) of change including escalation of resource constraints and conflicts for prioritisation and decisions directly to the Delivery Director.
- Risk, issue and dependency management
- Project reporting - internally (and externally where appropriate)
- Stakeholder management, communication and presentation to all levels
- Key contact throughout the project
- Ensure adherence to Enterprise Change Framework (ECF), and required project documentation and audit trails
- Management of early live support
- Own and drive departmental continuous improvement initiative(s)
- On an ad-hoc basis represent the department at forums and other meetings as appropriate.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site subsidised canteen
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Proven project delivery over a minimum of 5 years ideally in a financial services environment.
- Project Management certification, Prince 2 or Agile.
- Knowledge of Wealth, Life & Pensions and / or Transfer Agency operations.
- A strong understanding of financial control, budget management, and risk and issue management.
- Knowledge and experience of structured project management methodologies and project management tools.
- Managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills to provide direction, support, influence and mentoring of project managers.
- Previous experience within financial services change environment.
- Competent user of: Visio
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.