SS&C Senior Project Manager Role
The Senior Project Manager role is suitable for a widely experienced and capable project manager and will be entrusted with larger and more complex projects and may be put in charge of several projects at once for one of SS&C's largest clients.
The Senior Project Manager will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing out projects. They will accountable for the entire project scope, the project team and resources, the project budget, and the success or failure of the project.
The Senior Project Manager will lead by example and coach more junior project managers and team leaders. Senior PMs will provide leadership by building and motivating project teams to meet their project goals by adhering to their responsibilities and reaching their milestones.
Roles & Responsibilities of the PM within SS&C
Create Project Team:
- Create the project team made up of all work-streams.
- Agree work-stream leads and understand their level of engagement.
- Run a 'kick-off' meeting to explain goal, scope and targeted timeline for all involved.
- A typical project team will involve the following work-streams:
- Inception Team
- Business Analysis
- Bluedoor Delivery Team - Delivery Manager, Scrum Master, BA, Tech Leads
- Bluedoor Front Office Portal team
- WMI Production Support
- Bluedoor Production Support
- Technical Project Management
- Release Management
- Digital Design and Development
- Digital AWS Infrastructure
- Business Readiness
- Information Security
- Risk & Compliance
- Data Protection
Overall Project Plan:
- Agree and create an overall Project Plan which incorporates all plans from each work-stream including all activities, details all dependencies and shows a realistic plan to achieve the project goal.
- Hold regular meetings or forums with all work-stream leads to track progress to this plan and document any changes.
Create and maintain all Change Governance Artefacts throughout lifecycle of the project (not exclusive):
- Budget tracking, cost tracking and forecasting
- RAID Logs
- JPMG reporting
- SteerCo reporting
- Quality Stage Gateway Forms
- Go Live Sign Off documentation
- Transition Strategy Document
- Closure Report
- Lessons Learned
- Software Capitlisation Forms
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Act as a leader and example for more junior members of the Change Team
- Project Manager is responsible for delivery of the project and all work-streams that are delivering into the project as the Sponsor's proxy
- Run and facilitate regular work-stream lead meetings, stand ups and any other adhoc meetings
- Run client meetings
- Manage and update Project Forecasting on a monthly basis
- Manage cost tracking for all team members and chase down should time not be logged accordingly
- Record/collate justifications for overspends and present back to Account Management/SJP
- Have regular meetings with Delivery Managers, Scrum Masters and any other work-streams that need close attention. For Portals we did this twice a week on Tues and Thurs
- Present at JPMG and SteerCo meeting
- Act as Primary contact for client
- Act as Primary contact for the Project Sponsor
- Act as Primary Contact for the project teams
- Act as a Change Guardian and manage Scope and Change Control on the Project
- Record issues and risks to the project and proactively manage these to resolution and escalate if these cannot be resolved
- Provide a steer as the proxy to the Sponsor to actions to resolve issues, risks or decisions which do not require escalation and can be managed internally in the project
- Escalate/ coordinate / facilitate escalation of issues, risks or decisions to Exec Triage
- Manage risks and issues with 2nd line support units such as Information Security, Cyber Security, Risk & Compliance, Legal etc and get any approvals from them if required
- Manage third party project engagement and resource
- Facilitate Third party legalities including Statements of Work and Purchase Orders as well as tracking agreed fixed costs
- Liaise with required surrounding teams including (not exclusive) Data Protection, Security, CASS, and Money Laundering to ensure project compliance
- Go live preparations including involvement in ensuring project runbook activities are documented, agreeing confidence and business testing resource
- Ensure Service Support Model is created and handed over to BAU Production Support
- Complete all Company Mandatory training including Clever Nelly
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.