To perform business analysis, process analysis, business system design and business systems consultancy to support SS&C change, our clients business models and strategic/new business propositions.
Create business requirements documents or user stories and acceptance criteria, process models and design specifications to support the development, enhancement, testing and delivery of IT systems, working with differing development and project delivery methodologies.
Be an ambassador of the Business Analysis team driving forward improvement initiatives within the team and with collaboration from external parties.
Act as a consultant and mentor for other Business Analysts in the team and to lead multiple complex change initiatives, whilst delivering continuous improvement collaborating with other departments.
Act as a delegate and decision maker for the Head of Business Analysis in internal and external meetings.
- The analysis and documentation of estimates to varying degrees for internal and client requested enhancements using the current SS&C estimating methodology.
- The analysis and documentation of requirement and delivery artefacts for major areas of new SS&C services/systems functionality, attending client facing external workshops where required.
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops and confidently present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend industry and internal forums and working groups as required.
- Identify where opportunities exist in all areas of the change framework to improve best practice and engagement, owning delivery of changes.
- Take responsibility at short notice, to step into in-flight functions, projects or new initiatives that require immediate analysis expertise.
- Documentation of detailed business requirements and design including changes to the system logical data model, dialog / screen design and system processing to meet business requirements. Working in close collaboration with business users along with internal and external client walkthroughs and reviews.
- Work closely with and support Solution Architecture and IT Build teams, ensuring best practice principles are adhered to.
- Create requirements / documentation based on the chosen business system design as required.
- Support the testing teams during their planning, co-ordination and execution, ensuring that system changes delivered meet the business systems design and the original business requirement.
- Provide consutancy and / or the coordination of support for all stages of system and user acceptance testing along with Early Life Support/post implementation support.
- Act as a key interface within the enterprise with the ability to cross communicate requirements, needs and concepts.
- Complete weekly release status and other bespoke project reporting in line with the needs of key stakeholders/project managers, adhering to the Enterprise Change Framework guidelines.
- Complete work to required quality standards and within agreed budget.
- Act as the Senior Project BA, addressing risks and issues, managing progress and keeping the Head of Business Analysis informed.
- To research and monitor potential product opportunities and enhanced service offerings.
- Ensure industry knowledge and specific product knowledge is maintained. Keep abreast of regulatory change and industry trends.
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultancy for internal and external stakeholders, representing SS&C as required.
- Work with key stakeholders to assist with maintenance of regulatory business artefacts, such as Process Maps, The Data Landscape and the Business Services Proposition.
- Act as workstream lead, with oversight of BA resources assigned to complex projects, along with status reporting as required.
- Conduct Peer Reviews of documentation provided by other BAs where appropriate.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site subsidised canteen
Knowledge and Technicall Skills
- Over 5 years' experience in Financial Services, ideally including business and technology roles.
- Proven IT analytical and system design
Who we are:
- Experience of GUI design
- Basic AS400 and SQL skills or their equivalents required
- Extensive in-depth experience within the UK Platform / Wealth Management industry with full lifecycle experience of delivering platform solutions across multi asset types
- Physical database modelling and design
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Understanding and working knowledge of business architecture methodology (capability models/ user journeys etc.)
- Working understanding or requirement management tools
SS&C is the world's largest hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. SS&C's unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. SS&C owns and operates the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back-office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
SS&C's trusted and proven technology delivers an unparalleled level of scalable capabilities for the most complex portfolios, the most sophisticated strategies, and the highest volumes of transactions. Through a series of carefully selected acquisitions and organic growth, the breadth and depth of SS&C's expertise in financial services and healthcare technology are unmatched.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.