This is a great opportunity to join a global expanding organisation with a very broad range of Procurement requirements. You will use your Procurement and Supplier Management skills from past experiences gained to help SS&C source suppliers that best fit SS&C requirements across a range of categories including I.T, Corporate, Resourcing, Ops and more. You will ideally come from a financial services background but this is not essential as appropriate support will be provided.
This position will be focused in the following areas:
- Carry out day-to-day procurement activities, including contract management, sourcing, contract negotiation, use and management of financial systems to generate purchase orders, and partnering with business units to facilitate their procurement needs.
- Monitor risk within the supply chain, gather periodic due diligence documentation and work with the Company's Compliance, Risk and Data Protection management to manage and reduce supply chain risk.
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
Identifying key services with business partners and managing suppliers responsible for those services:
- Assessment of services, associated contracts and prioritization
- Consider areas within the function requiring improvement regarding Procurement sourcing strategies and risk management.
- Commercial reviews and negotiations, managing renewals with business areas, handling and directing business supplier escalations and general coordination with business and legal colleagues
- Manage and maintain accurate contract information within system of record.
- Work closely and form good working relationships with business partners and legal to create contracts that: are compliant to support business needs, are legally approved, mitigate commercial and regulatory risks to the client, and drive appropriate supplier performance.
- Ensure suppliers meet or exceed their contractual obligations
- Work with business partners to review and identify areas where there are opportunities to reduce supply cost.
- Identify potential suppliers to meet the needs of the business via appropriate sourcing methods (RFP, RFQ etc).
- Plan, direct and monitor new purchasing activities, including supplier selection and onboarding processes, issuing purchase orders and coordinating contract reviews
- Manage new suppliers through vetting and pre-qualification process.
Supplier monitoring and risk management:
- Help to ensure compliance with required legislative, regulatory, and/or client contractual requirements.
- Utilize tools such as service level agreements (SLA), pricing, conformance, feedback and scorecards.
- Assist with ensuring supply risks are identified; appropriate mitigation is in place and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure supplier risk management governance is followed to ensure SS&C satisfy client and regulatory requirements.
- Work with Risk teams, including but not limited to Business Continuity, Information Security and Data Protection to ensure we protect the business from such risks within our supply chain.
- Demonstratable practical procurement and supplier management experience
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence decisions and conversations
- Contract management and commercial contract review experience including a reasonable understanding of legal clauses and experience of contract drafting.
- Ability to manage and form positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong team working, collaboration and Interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office tools
- Related skills of budget control, performance analysis
- Experience of working in a Procurement or Supplier Risk Management function within the financial services industry is desirable.
- General familiarity with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) outsourcing requirements is encouraged
- Procurement and supply chain management related certifications are encouraged. Examples include: CIPS, CSCP, CPSM.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.