Enterprise Change are responsible for the delivery of projects and change across IT and the business. We manage the On boarding of New Clients, changes for Existing Clients, IT and operational changes, regulatory and digital changes. We work with a wide range of teams within SS&C and also work directly with Clients.
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is a core function within the Enterprise Change and provide support and governance for the department.
The EPMO support the Enterprise change department by:
- Providing day to day support to Project & Change Managers e.g. organise and attend project meetings, help record actions, risks and issues, help with project forecasting, reporting and any other project admin.
- Supporting the inception and estimation of Change Items.
- Owning the Change Management process, procedures and tools.
- Providing support , training and governance on Change Management processes to ensure Change is managed in a controlled and consistent way .
- Providing Enterprise wide reporting on Enterprise Change activity and resourcing requirements.
In general, well engaged PMO support can significantly improve the efficiency and chances of a successful delivery of the programme / project. The PMO are experts in setting up and running the administrative processes for projects . We are able to ensure a level of consistency and control within Enterprise Change whilst also taking on tasks for the Project / Change Managers reducing their workload to focus on value add tasks.
We do not need any PMO or project management experience but are looking for someone who is well organised, proactive, quality focused with a collaborative approach. We are happy to train anyone in Change Management processes and have previously had resources join us from Ops, voice and IT.
The PMO is a great place to start if anyone is interested in Change Management as we are involved in all aspects of the process.
We work in the standard Hybrid working model aiming for at least 1 day a week in the office (preferably Basildon). We can be flexible on hours as long as the tasks are completed and we are available when the Change Management team need us.
To support Change Management by:
- Working closely with the Portfolio, Programme & Project Managers providing governance and portfolio, programme and project support and control across the Enterprise Change Portfolios
- Being an integral part of Enterprise Change portfolio team increasing the likelihood of successful delivery of portfolios/programmes/projects to time, quality and cost.
- Support the Head of PMO and colleagues in the EPMO team on any tasks outside of assigned Portfolios
- The role encompasses the EPMO support for:
- Delivery Governance
- Financial Governance
- RAID Management
- Quality Assurance
- Continuous Improvement
- Ad Hoc Support tasks
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Portfolio/Programme/Project Managers with day to day management of the Projects in an assigned Portfolio of projects
- Support the inception of Projects/Programmes and implement the appropriate level of governance and control
- Ensure completion of; review and validation of content for required Enterprise Change Framework artefacts, to enable Projects to remain within governance
- Support governance meetings as appropriate including the set-up, facilitation and taking of minutes/actions / decisions as required
- Liaise with Clients and key stakeholders as required
- Support the development and implementation of plans with Portfolio/Programme/Project Manager(s) to ensure that projects outside delivery governance are brought back and maintained in governance
- Support the post-implementation review (PIRs) process from capture of lessons learnt to finalising documentation to complete Project closure to the required standards; assuring availability and dissemination across Enterprise Change Portfolios
- Any Ad Hoc tasks to support the delivery of the portfolio/programme/project(s)
- If required support the development of the Project Business Cases & Financial Appraisals
- Work with Portfolio/Programme/Project Managers to reduce risk of cost overruns; monitoring financial aspects so that corrective actions can be taken if required to bring projects into financial governance
- Delegated responsibility for ensuring financial forecasts at Portfolio/Programme/Project(s) level are carried out consistently and accurately
- Support in flight Change Requests, including those for Financial Appraisals
- Manage the completion of Governance Meeting Packs and MI packs; ensuring consistency across Enterprise Change Portfolios
- Ensure reporting across portfolio/programme/project(s) is accurate, timely and insightful to enable Portfolio/Programme/Project Managers to make key decisions facilitating alignment of projects to Enterprise Change Portfolios and portfolio/programme strategy
- Ensure RAID logs are maintained and risk and issues are actively reviewed with respective actions being assigned and tracked.
- Maintain an overview of dependencies and changes across portfolio/programme/project(s) and Enterprise Change Portfolios to enable effective decision making
- Support Portfolio/Programme/Project Managers to ensure that required governance processes including SS&C Enterprise Change Framework are implemented and followed throughout all Portfolio/Programme/Project(s)
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training on Enterprise Change Framework, EPMO controls, PM practices and Tools
- Work with Enterprise Change and EPMO team as needed to maintain consistency of approach, governance, documentation and execution of activities to ensure alignment of methodology and control disciplines
- Review and validate changes to governance/methodology, generated both internally and externally, such as from PMO Specialists; ensure successful integration and implementation into Enterprise Change Portfolios as required
- Recommend improvements to control discipline processes and procedures across Enterprise Change Portfolios
- Contribute to the attainment and maintenance of agreed maturity levels across Enterprise Change
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Understands and has practical experience of projects
- Confident, assertive with the ability to influence those who are not direct reports
- Experience of working in business and IT environments or have demonstrably transferable skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in a pressurised and challenging environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Experience/qualification of PRINCE2 and/or other Project Management methodologies
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Industry
- Good analytical and process-mapping skills
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.