SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers, and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
Global Investor and Distribution Solutions (GIDS) is the business unit offering this role. GIDS delivers global omnichannel investor servicing, including contact centres, using digital services.
We are seeking a tech-savvy Java developer to join our Development and Implementation team responsible for the day-to-day implementation of projects for clients of SS&C Systems. You will work on critical systems that are widely used to help streamline administrative processes for businesses offering products to the fund's management and retirement savings markets.
**Hybrid role with some travel to our Southampton office***
- Design, develop implement, and be responsible for ongoing maintenance of the software system.
- Perform analysis and investigation tasks as required by the development lead.
- Creating design documents under instruction.
- Work on programming and unit testing.
- Maintain workflow tasks used to control development.
- Be responsible for the application of quality assurance processes to the implemented solution and its adherence to standards and best practices.
- Extend functionality and customer-specific enhancements for the SS&C Systems investment administration and online transaction system.
- Proficient in all pillars of the Java development environment
- Have extensive coding, testing and documentation experience.
- Capable of applying a pragmatic approach to development undertakings
- An expert in nominated fields of technical specialisation
- Previous experience using - Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, Groovy, Docker, Jenkins, REST/SOAP, TDD - Junit, Eclipse/ IntelliJ
- Proficient in database design skills and MySQL
- The ability to document detailed designs and implement design patterns is essential for this role.
- Strong experience working within an agile development environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Evidence of working in a client-facing role dealing with stakeholders.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring a diversity of perspectives to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.