SS&C Hubwise is a fintech company that provides an intuitive and comprehensive platform for the adviser and investment communities driven by the needs of those very communities. Incepted in 2012, the business is growing rapidly with new Financial Institutions taking advantage of the platform features to secure business advantage.
Hubwise was acquired by SS&C March 2022 as a strategic purchase for providing regulated custody, client monies and trading services. This change has given rise to the on-boarding of national and international wealth management companies and the need for expansion of our services to meet their requirements.
SS&C Hubwise main office is located in Lichfield. Hybrid working is undertaken where participation 1 to 2 days per week at our Head Office would be required based upon the need for effective collaboration with other business units.
Successful candidates with have the opportunity to build upon their formal qualifications through technology and business training as a means of career advancement within a exciting and challenging business environment.
To continue with advancing our pipeline of new services we are seeking to recruit Java Developers. We are looking for experienced Java Developers with a minimum of 3 years experience in the development of server side solutions for analytical purposes together with integration solutions involving the development of RESTful APIs.
- Recent changes have also involved the use of AWS for platform services
- To design and develop new feature enhancements to the Investment Platforms;
- Development of RESTful APIs that can integrate with third party Investment platforms;
- Development of regulatory reports for example statements and valuations where data extract using SQL may be required;
- Producing high quality, standard-compliant code;
- The management of deadlines through collaboration with technical and business teams;
- Advising and collaborating with design and customer-facing team members on prototype options and features
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site subsidised canteen
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- A minimum of 3 years Java developer experience with exposure to Spring and Hibernate;
- Experience in the use of test driven development techniques and the use of continuous integration tool like Jenkins;
- A genuine passion for technology and problem solving;
- Good communication skills and the ability to deliver in accordance with deadlines;
- Experience in API integration with RESTful API.
- Some exposure to the use of cloud computing services would be advantageous although training will be given.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.