The IT Development Manager is accountable for the provision of an IT development service and continually driving the improvement of all IT systems, processes and people. Manage the day-to-day workload of the Development Team, ensuring that work is allocated, prioritised and completed within defined KPIs.
- Manages a team of high calibre software engineers in the development of services for the retail wealth industry
- Sets attainable goals to team members to enable the completion of projects on time and to budget
- Provides guidance to team members to encourage work productivity
- Make sure the timeline is followed by the software development group
- Ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed during the software development process
- Resolving performance issues and making revisions when necessary
- Participates in design control activities
- Monitors, evaluates, and ensures the completion of tasks and projects
- Drives improvements in software engineering practices.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Who we are:
- Direct experience of software development in Financial Services with wealth management being an advantage but not essential
SS&C Hubwise is a fintech company that provides an intuitive and comprehensive platform for the adviser and investment communities driven by the needs of those very communities. Incepted in 2012, the business is growing rapidly with new Financial Institutions taking advantage of the platform features to secure business advantage.
Hubwise was acquired by SS&C March 2022 as a strategic purchase for providing regulated custody, client monies and trading services. This change has given rise to the on-boarding of national and international wealth management companies and the need for expansion of our services to meet their requirements.
SS&C Hubwise main office is located in Lichfield. Hybrid working is undertaken where participation 1 to 2 days per week at our Head Office would be required based upon the need for project collaboration.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.