Accountable for the delivery of a Portfolio/Programme of Change and steering the PM team's focus towards achieving this. Providing key stakeholders with reporting and escalation as required; intervening when necessary, on behalf of the programme team to support delivery, either to remove obstacles for the team, or to give guidance to correct under-performance. High profile role within a critical business area.
1. Portfolio Management
- Maintain knowledge of all ongoing projects and programmes within portfolio, in particular focusing on the Key Issues and Risks (Levels 1-3)
- Be the escalation point for resolution of issues (Levels 1-4) that may impact delivery of project / programme / portfolio goals
- Be accountable for collation of programme demand and ensure meets budget, reviewing monthly with key Sponsors/Stakeholders
- Allocate projects/programmes to relevant resources
- Make effective cases for additional resource as required based on sound data
- Take company-level strategy and link portfolio performance to achieve corporate goals - convey and gain commitment from all programme and project managers to support and/or deliver
- Review and approval of delivery plans with PMs to ensure company and clients' business objectives met
- Ensure lessons learnt from projects/programmes are documented and actions agreed, prioritised, and implemented
2. Reporting & Governance
- Production and presentation (as required) of programme / portfolio-wide reports (and specific Projects updates as appropriate) to relevant oversight and governance forums
- Keeping control of programme / portfolio expenditure via active management & monitoring PMs' diligence
- Regular review, assessment and interpretation of programme / portfolio and project MI - financial and key performance indicators
- Identification of trends and risks that may affect current and future programme / portfolio activities and implement agreed actions for improvement
- To reinforce critical requirements for project governance, together with general legal and compliance obligations (e.g., Data Security, Financial Crime Prevention)
3. Team Management
- Active management of team, with one-to-one meetings at least fortnightly to assess workload, capacity, and support needs, with Team meetings held at least monthly
- Deliver promptly any feedback on performance in a concise, constructive manner
- Empowering PMs to have accountability for their Projects, direct actions, or initiatives as appropriate and assume control where necessary
- Clear, regular team-wide updates to maintain good comms and team morale
- Ensuring regular review of team's training & development plans and that staff have the time and capacity to complete required training
- Ensure holiday/sickness/out of office cover is provided across new client onboarding portfolio
- Provide high-level communication updates to a variety of stakeholders, including Business Sponsors, Steering Groups, Clients, and teams
- Keeping clients (internal and external) 'on board' through ongoing timely and effective dialogue and reporting
- Liaison with internal SS&C teams to get commitment and traction for the portfolio needs whilst respecting competing pressures, maintaining good relations with all
- Getting the best out of 3rd party providers/IT partners through regular discussions over priorities and expectations
5. Stakeholder Management
- Review and approval of PMs Stakeholder Communication plans for each project and ensure PM executes upon this Plan
- Manage assigned Stakeholders by keeping them regularly communicated and highlighting appropriate issues with them (and confirming resolution plan)
- Meet with clients as appropriate to understand high-level requirements
- Take the lead where required to explain SS&C process and methodology and present outline plans to clients
- Be the senior client contact (alongside CSM Team) throughout the programme/project, presenting and demonstrating understanding of proposed solutions as appropriate to the clients' needs
- Previous experience in an equivalent change management/project management role
- Significant experience as a leader of people - respected and inspiring with strong coaching skills
- Results-orientated, understanding that delivering projects to client expectations on time, to budget and to standard is key to the success of the role/dept
- Commercially minded with strong budget management and financial control experience
- Experience of delivering Board-level reports, enabling immediate credibility when presenting, comfortable in discussions of large-scale project deliveries
- Comfortable with presenting both internally and externally delivering with clear objective, keeping interest and focus through tailoring
- Innovative approach to process improvements, with practical solutions proposed within ops constraints
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve best resolution for the portfolio - with diplomacy to maintain good relations
- Good knowledge of Financial Services and in particular experience in at least one of the following: Transfer Agency and Fund Administration; Wealth; Life & Pensions.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site subsidised canteen
About SS&C Technologies
SS&C is a global provider of investment, financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including: Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
Global Investor and Distribution Solutions (GIDS) is the business unit offering this role. GIDS delivers global omni-channel investor servicing, including contact centre, using digital services.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
*All internal applications please complete internal application form and enclose most recent 1 to 1*