SS&C is a global provider of investment, financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including: Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
Global Investor and Distribution Solutions (GIDS) is the business unit offering this role. GIDS delivers global omni-channel investor servicing, including contact centre, using digital services.
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Manager who will be based in our Partner Relationship Team. We can offer you -
* Competitive annual salary, Eligible for annual discretionary bonus (based on individual and company performance)
* 20 Days holiday plus Flexiable time off Policy
* 6% non-contributory pension scheme
* Life Assurance (4 x salary)
* Family Cover healthcare
* flex benefits scheme
In this role you will be responsible for developing and leading a team to deliver consistent levels of excellent service with the customer at the centre of everything we do.
- Create and nurture an open and honest environment that encourages and supports the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Connect and Inspire with people to encourage continual development and improved capability.
- Champion change and take personal responsibility for driving change forward.
- Constructively and continually challenge the way we work, generating new ideas and take them from concept through to delivery.
- Deliver consistent levels of service today while planning and considering the requirements for the future.
- Responsible for operational risks and controls to ensure these are compliant with regulatory, legislative and internal requirements.
- Deliver cost challenges within area.
- Actively engage with other areas in operations and the business to improve our service proposition and promote "one team" ethos.
- Develop and build successful partnerships with key stakeholder, both internally and externally, that add value to our business.
- Responsible for complaints within team ensuring these are resolved to an acceptable outcome in line FCA guidelines. Lessons are learnt and changes implemented to improve the service.
- Ensure all team members have clear objectives and Performance Development Plans and understand how these align to the UK strategy
- Manage workplace issues in a timely and legally compliant manner whilst maintaining and a fair and reasonable approach
- Be able to apply HR policies and practices in order to meet the needs of the business whilst being consciously aware of the customer experience
- Be aware of your responsibility as a first line manager for the health and safety of your team and be able to deploy that responsibility where appropriate
- Champion treating customers fairly to ensure the customer is at centre of everything we do.
- Communicate clearly and influentially, in a way that engages people so they can see how what they do fits into the bigger picture and how they can each make a difference to the success of the company.
- Display high levels of personal integrity at all times in personal and business interaction.
- Maintain and update strong knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and marketplace to add value to the decision making process.
- Responsible for achieving and maintain competence under N2 guidelines for self and others.
- Develop and deliver business plan that bridges the gap between local plan and higher customer service business plan.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Excellent knowledge of product, procedures and systems within business area
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry and the market place
- Strong ability in understanding management information and using this to make considered decisions
- Broad knowledge of SS&C wider products, processes and systems out with own business area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulatory and mandatory procedures and qualifications
- Good understanding of business drivers and the key deliverables on the Customer Services Business plan
- Strong ability to connect with audience when communicating, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to engage people
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an environment that delivers excellent customer service
- Demonstrate ability to deliver difficult and unpopular messages to the team when necessary
- A role model to others by leading by example
- Good leadership skills and strong ability to inspire change in people and work culture
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent customer focus skills
- Ability to build partnerships both internally and externally with key stakeholders
- Strong process improvements skills with a minimum of yellow belt accreditation
- Strong ability to value diversity
- Strong self awareness of own strengths and capabilities