SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
SS&C is a leading software company specialising in financial services solutions designed to streamline administrative processes for businesses offering products to the fund's management and retirement savings markets.
We now seek a DevOps Engineer to provide additional capabilities and lend support to the team around knowledge sharing and best practices. You'll be a member Development and Infrastructure team responsible for the day-to-day implementation and operations of CI/CD Pipelines and associated deployment technologies of SS&C Systems.
Core responsibilities for the role include:
- Working with Infrastructure, Engineering Teams, DevOps and Management to devise, refine and implement the DevOps strategy for Digital
- Acting as a servant leader for engineering teams; helping teams to become more experienced in DevOps practices but also undertaking work on their behalf when needed.
- Building new and maintaining current pipelines using a mixture of GitHub Actions and Jenkins jobs.
- Building Kubernetes clusters in one or more Cloud environments
- Configuring monitoring and altering
- Configuring security and static code analysis tools, management reporting tools, monitoring and altering tools etc so teams and management can track key performance indicators for code quality, build activity etc.
- Documenting pipelines and configuration; ensuring that DevOps is never a single point of failure.
- Applying a pragmatic approach to undertakings
- Being an expert in nominated fields of technical specialisation
- Strong written and oral communications skills
We seek recent experience in cloud migration, at least one AWS/Azure/GCP and VMWare.
- Terraform (or similar), at least one of GitHub Actions, BitBucket or Git Lab pipelines, Shell Scripting, Jenkins (or similar), Kubernetes, Containers, Docker, ArgoCD
- Working knowledge of networking, and Linux system administration (any distro). Windows admin knowledge is a bonus.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with automated deployments of software via VMs and Containers
- Great communication skills; comfortable explaining technical matters to engineering teams and senior management.
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with less knowledgeable colleagues.
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee based on race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.