- Identify and initiate business change; Participate in reviews and identify areas where there is an opportunity for change.
- Review change request received internally and externally; Analyse requests, validate business problems and establish business benefits. Ensuring that change is properly prioritised so the biggest paybacks are prioritised and those with insufficient benefits are discarded.
- Analysis across all areas of business change; system, operational change, operational enablers;
- Facilitation of stakeholder discussions for change; Chair triage and collaboration forums and workshops where business, client and IT representatives discuss change requests and potential solutions.
- Elicitation and engineering of high level requirements; Understanding business opportunities, drivers, constraints and documenting these in high level requirements; designed to form the foundations of detailed epic elaboration during latter phases of analysis and delivery.
- Documentation of high level business solutions; Where solutions are specific system changes, feeding into discussions around the change and assistance to the architect documenting the change. Where solutions are operational, or contain a number of different system changes, high level documentation of the component parts of the change to enable relevant areas to elaborate.
- Documentation of business benefits of change; Recording the business benefit of each change such as FTE impact, regulatory impact, customer experience impact, user experience impact, risk and non-tangibles.
- Estimation of the cost of change; Identify areas involved in change and gathering estimates, from technical, operational change and one off operational costs e.g. mailings
- Consultancy; Perform analysis on specific area by request, documenting findings and recommendations to sponsor.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
* Proven IT analytical skills based on various analysis methodologies
* Excellent understanding of business analysis within the SDLC including strategic, business and IT change analysis
* Good influencer and negotiator
* Excellent business process modelling skills
* Experience of multiple analysis modelling techniques including (but not limited to) use cases, business activity models, class diagrams
* Proven champion of change
*Strong sense of ownership to ensure a high quality deliverable
* Experience within the Asset Management/ Pensions / UK Platform / Wealth Management industry with full lifecycle experience of delivering solutions across multi asset types
* Understanding of key technology providers and varying operating models
* BCS Diploma or similar in Business Analysis
*Experience of different project methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, SaFE
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.