SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than 55 million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong and Australia.
We seek an Application IT Support Analyst with a background in front-line support to work on our Advent Wealth management solutions business. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude towards problem-solving and customer satisfaction!
You will be part of the Wealth Management IT Support group which provides technical operational support, incident and problem management and participate in change initiatives on the Bluedoor Platform. This team are also responsible for liaising with internal, external and IT colleagues to assist with incident resolution. Work packages come through via support incidents on Advent community or Service Now.
You will be required to provide support to cover the working day; business hours are 7 am - 7 pm (GMT). You can expect some overtime as the department support code releases, or maintenance activities in the evening or at weekends.
Main functions of the role:
- Daily start-up checks, to monitor the health of the application suite.
- Review and act upon events automatically generated by the event management system.
- Production support of the Advent Wealth application suite.
- Liaise directly with business counterparts to identify and resolve incidents.
- Take ownership of incidents that are assigned to Advent Wealth Application Support Team.
- Diagnose and assign accordingly incidents that have been assigned to the Advent Wealth Application Support Team which require assistance from another business unit.
- Ensure Incidents are accepted, updated, and resolved in accordance with the associated SLAs.
- Escalate incidents where appropriate and liaise with Senior Support Analysts to ensure prompt resolution.
- Log and track incidents which are assigned to a third party. Ensuring communications flows are kept open to allow prompt diagnosis and resolution.
- Take ownership of problems that are assigned to the Advent Wealth Application Support team.
- Ensure Problems are kept active and updated and resolved in line with the Problem management process.
- Execute a selected set of validation scripts with critical functionality to verify an application is ready for testing or production usage following software changes.
Health Checks and Monitoring
- Verify and continually monitor the production environment to ensure it is available for use by the business and customers following maintenance outages
- Create and schedule bespoke reports
- Extract data samples to help troubleshoot incidents
- Support quarterly valuation runs
- Upload client reports to the document repository (valuations & tax packs)
- Participation in projects at various stages of the project lifecycle to provide: SME knowledge, Defect Management, Test support, Implementation planning, Implementation support, and Early Life Support.
- Previous experience working with line of business systems in a similar role
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, complex infrastructure environment, ability to quickly identify root cause
- Understanding of financial services
- Application support / bespoke software support
- SQL literacy - querying tables, writing select statements, analysing data
- Excellent communication skills
- Usage of a recognised Service Management Toolset (e.g., Service Now)
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience of working in high pressure environments.
- Ability to manage and perform repeatable standard processes.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with internal customers and business areas
- Ability to manage an incident through to resolution
- Experience working within an ITIL Environment
- To effectively plan workloads so that all activity is related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external)
- Coaching of junior staff, where relevant.
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and suggest areas for improvement.
- To observe proper standards of market, business, and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
Knowledge or experience in the following areas would be advantageous
- Financial Services Industry -Asset management industry experience
- Trade lifecycle
- Desktop support
- ITIL Intermediate level (e.g., Service Operation (SO) or Operational Support and Analysis (OSA)
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring a diversity of perspectives to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense. All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background-checking process should you be successful.